Members of the Salt Lake Children’s Choir
Our new season is peeking around the corner!
The Salt Lake Children’s Choir is preparing to begin our 37th season. Many exciting performance opportunities lie ahead this year – including the traditional Christmas Cathedral Concerts, December 2 & 4, 2016 in the beautiful Cathedral of the Madeleine.
Auditions are currently being scheduled for all interested singers, ages 8-15. No prior singing experience is required and no advance preparation is needed for the audition. Schedule your audition appointment by calling 801-537-1412. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Salt Lake Children’s Choir is entering its 36th season next month. The immediate future is just as exciting as many of those 35 years. Looking Ahead–
- Auditions (for musicians 8 to 15 years of age) are now being scheduled
- (call 801-537-1412 for an appointment)
- Feature performance for Utah’s choral conductors at the inaugural Utah Convention of the American Choral Directors Association on September 19 (Libby Gardner Hall).
- Commemoration performance with Igor and Vesna Gruppman and Karina Rafael on October 10 (First Presbyterian Church).
- Traditional Christmas Concerts (Cathedral of the Madeleine) first weekend in December (recorded for local and national broadcast)
- International Choral Festival and Competition (March 2016). More details on the Interkultur web site.
If you have a child who likes to sing, or know a child who might be interested, please don’t hesitate to set up an audition and to share this information. We look forward to hearing from you!
This year’s Cathedral performances have come and gone, but we still have one major concert left this season. The Salt Lake Children’s Choir will present their annual Family Christmas Concert at the LDS chapel at 951 East 100 South, Salt Lake City, on Sunday, December 21, 2014, 7:30 P.M. All ages welcome. Ramp access from the parking lot into the chapel is available.
As we begin to look towards the new year, we would also like to get the word out that interested children may audition to join the choir for the second semester (January-May 2015). If you would like to schedule an audition, please call the director, Ralph Woodward, at 801-537-1412. Click here for more information about auditions.
It is not to late to try out for the 2014-15 Choir season. Please share this post with any families that might be interested to try out for the choir. We need your help to recruit new members and keep up the beautiful tradition of our Cathedral Concerts and other performances.
Participating in the Salt Lake Children’s Choir is a great way to expose your child to the wonderful world of classical music. The Choir is now scheduling auditions for children between ages 8-15. No previous musical experience is required. Please call 801-537-1412 to set up an audition or to find out more. Please share this announcement with friends, family and neighbors who might be interested!